+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2012 Impreza Oil Level Light Illuminated/Oil Pressure Light Dimly Illuminated

Was driving my impreza on the highway around 100kph, then i noticed that the oil pressure warning light was slightly illuminated.

brought to MI Edsa this morning and relayed my car's problem.

They said that it's probably a ground in the system. Tried researching on the north american subaru forums, one replied that the wire is too short, their dealer soldered a longer wire to solve the problem. he didnt say specifically where.

i hope this is not big problem.

have you also experienced the low oil level warning light illuminated? this happened to me twice already, first one on the 7,000km and the second one on the 14,000km after having my oil changed on the 10,000km. I just added almost a liter of oil then the light went away.

After relaying what happened to the service manager in MI Edsa, he said the car shouldn't eat up oil that much.

Has anybody experienced this? I have the MT variant of the '12 impreza sedan.

Thanks!

5th Gear
    I'd trust the dipstick. Be careful you don't overfill.

If oil indicator is on, and oil level is right, then best have it checked again.
    Ayaw ko ng LIBRENG KABAG

Almost a liter of oil is a lot. I would check the oil more frequently. No oil leaks?

I've been checking sa floor, mukang wala naman. It's a common problem in america i think, there's a long thread in the north american subaru site with lots of people saying that their imprezas eating oil. Usually a liter gone after 5,000km. So i assumed na baka ito yung normal characteristic/problem of the car. The oil level light goes away when i top it up naman.

The oil mark on the dipstick was below the lower dot when the oil level light illuminated.

How would you know if overfill? The oil level of the dip stick is a bit over the top dot after topping it up when the oil level light illuminated. Now i plan to check the dip stick every two weeks. Hehehe

Just keep the oil level close to the full mark. Overfilling should not be a problem since the car eats up so much oil. Might be a faulty gasket.

The XV has a similar problem with a faint glow on the oil light switch. Parnel mentioned to me and pointed it out in an actual XV unit that his fix was to tighten the sensor itself. So far the problems on the XVs haven't recurred. Might be the same problem for the Impreza. Give him a visit at MI BGC

It's sort of nice to hear that the XV has the same problem and is not an isolated case. I'll recommend what Parnel did to your XV and have it done with my impreza. Hopefully nothing serious.

I'll monitor my oil consumption as well and will definitely bring it back to MI once the warning light illuminates again.

Thanks for the inputs!

Quote Originally Posted by lloydp View Post
    It's sort of nice to hear that the XV has the same problem and is not an isolated case. I'll recommend what Parnel did to your XV and have it done with my impreza. Hopefully nothing serious.

I'll monitor my oil consumption as well and will definitely bring it back to MI once the warning light illuminates again.

Thanks for the inputs!
    No problem. I don't have an XV. He just shared his fix to me when he came here to Bacolod to service my GVF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

5th Gear
    I don't think it's normal. Is it one liter of oil for 5000 kms or 5000miles? I'm just wondering since its a North American forum.

I actually don't remember the last time that I had to top up with an entire can of oil. I think that's a little too much, specially with a low mileage NA engine.

If you regularly need to top up with a litre of oil, you almost wouldn't need an oil change, and youd just change the filter. (Kidding).

My gauge usually is if the oil gets bit low, it's usually time to have an oil change anyway.

Have it checked. Hope it's just a ground or sensor and not an oil pressure/pump problem.
    Ayaw ko ng LIBRENG KABAG

I never thought a new car would eat oil. I drove my old civic for more than 10years and i never topped it up with oil.

Hopefully it won't happen again. So far it doesnt eat oil but i only ran a little more than 2,000km since my last top up. If this happens again I'll definitely bring it to MI right away.